Laptop slow could it be malware? HJT log atached

Status
Not open for further replies.
My computer has been slow and getting unexpected errors I suspect malware. I have included my HJT log.
Thank you

Attachments

• 1hijackthis.txt
    5.9 KB · Views: 7
the Broadjump Client is junk and can be tossed.
also the autoupdate realsched.exe can be too as you can update manually and save memory

• O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BJCFD] C:\Program Files\BroadJump\Client Foundation\CFD.exe

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Other than the entries pointed out by jobeard, your HJT log is clean.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Thank you for very much all the help!
I am still running rather slow are there other items I could safely get rid of on the list to save memory. (I rarely use Yahoo messenger and I never use Windows Messenger)
Such as:
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [YOP] C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\YOP\yop.exe /autostart
O9 - Extra button: Yahoo! Messenger - {E5D12C4E-7B4F-11D3-B5C9-0050045C3C96} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\YahooMessenger.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Yahoo! Messenger - {E5D12C4E-7B4F-11D3-B5C9-0050045C3C96} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\YahooMessenger.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe

I cant figure out how to stop Quicktime and Kodak from installing on boot up can I just select the following 2 lines in HJT? O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime

O23 - Service: Kodak Camera Connection Software (KodakCCS) - Eastman Kodak Company - C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\KodakCCS.exe

Yes you can just have HJT fix those entries, except for the 023 Kodak entry which is run as a service. To stop that you need to do the following.

Click start/run and type services.msc into the run box and press the enter key.

When the window appears, maximise it. Double click on the following services(if there) and select stop if they are running. Set the startup type to disabled. Click apply/ok for each service you disable.

KodakCCS

close the services window. Reboot your computer.

Regards Howard :)

Your HJT log is clean.

Go to add remove programmes in your control panel and uninstall anything you don`t want or use.

You can also click start/run and type msconfig into the run box and hit the enter key. Click on the startup tab and disable anything you don`t want to start when Windows starts. Click apply/ok and reboot your computer. Once your computer has rebooted, you will see a Window that says you have used msconfig to make changes etc. Tick the little box that says not to run msconfig the next time you start your computer and click ok.

Once you`ve finished, run a disk cleanup and a defrag.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back