Laptop wont boot error bad_pool_caller 0xC2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a compaq presario 2100 and i had been experiencing frequent crashes caused by an "unknown device driver". This was annoying but i would just reboot and it would be fine for awhile. I tried reinstalling and or updating all the device drivers that i though could be the cause of the crashes, then yesterday i went to use my laptop and it crashed and no longer will load windows. It will not load in safemode and i can't reinstall xp either i get to the point where you press enter to install a fresh copy of windows and it says that it is searching for previous installations then it crashes and displays the same error message that i get for every attempt to boot in any form. The error is Bad_pool_caller and the stop: 0xC2. I have also tried moving the ram around and i dont think that its the problem. any ideas? thanx

ive had that same problem before and found that the possible causes were the mbr master boot record. did you try to boot into safemode with command prompt , did you try the fixmbr command, is youre cd scrached. its a very common problem more likley to be associated with a corrupt mbr, and or viruses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back