Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

RealBlackStuff

As I am not interested in a place where you can't even air your opinions without being flamed to death, I shall no longer contribute to increase your blood pressure.
People who are 'shocked' and 'saddened', just because you post something they don't agree with, are to be pitied, really. Get a life!

This is my very last post here, as I found a much more mature forum elsewhere, where people (AND their opinions) are respected.
At least the members there do not post the same old questions over and over again, which is rather refreshing, after wading through too many of them here.

One final friendly advise: do away with that silly 'Introduce yourself' forum.

As a person who has been helped many times by RBS, I consider you a friend and hate to see you not around anymore. Although I am aware of some, I'm sure there are many things that I'm not aware of that contributed to your decision.

And as far as the "Karma" rating, or whatever it's called, I bet you sure like have a red spot by your name after only what, two days or so? That seems to show, it's not based on your technical help, but what peoples personal opinion of you are, evidently not great.

RealBlackStuff said:
As I am not interested in a place where you can't even air your opinions without being flamed to death, I shall no longer contribute to increase your blood pressure.
These "flames" you percieve are merely opinions of others you cannot tolerate. Our blood pressure? Sounds like yours is the one in concern.
RealBlackStuff said:
People who are 'shocked' and 'saddened', just because you post something they don't agree with, are to be pitied, really. Get a life!
People were disappointed at your complete lack of acceptance of something before you even knew what it was. Complaining your 8,000 odd posts weren't worthy of recognition? Complaining when 2 mods happen to have high ratings before you knew what caused that. Refusal to provide any rational explanation on why you didn't like the idea until I specifically pointed out how irrational you were. You hopped against that so fast there wasn't even time for an announcement or explanation of what was happening, its like you were spring loaded to snap.

RealBlackStuff said:
This is my very last post here, as I found a much more mature forum elsewhere, where people (AND their opinions) are respected.
Ok, so you are going to leave, so do many others each day, you will be replaced by someone I'm sure. Opinions are respected here, see above for discussion on that.
RealBlackStuff said:
At least the members there do not post the same old questions over and over again, which is rather refreshing, after wading through too many of them here.
Any forum of any decent size is going to have people posting same questions that someone else has, that is the nature of forums. If you found one that doesn't have that.. well good for you then.

RealBlackStuff said:
One final friendly advise: do away with that silly 'Introduce yourself' forum.
I've seen you do this several times recently, advise isn't the correct word, you are trying to give advice, not advise. What makes "Introduce Yourself" 'silly'? It contains some of the most important Read threads on the entire forum, and often times people are directed there by the people that welcome them. It provides an initial feeling of friendliness from the start, although I can see why you don't like that place because it seems to be against every perception you have of this forum (that strangely enough nobody else seems to feel).

Looks like I missed something here?

There's a lot of members here who will miss you and your posts - but to each his/her own. :)

I've taken a couple of sabbaticals myself, in the past. Know that if you ever decide to come back, I think this forum will warmly welcome you again.

What the.....!!!

hang on, am i the only one really REALLY confusled by this, i always understood RealBlackStuff to be a good guy who helped people, not this new nasty person whos parting shot is to insult practically everyone on this forum

Has something happened that we need to know about?
Just seems really odd to me!

P.S RealBlackStuff, im sorry you feel like that, but im sure if you decide to come back we'll forgive and forget, goodbye buddy
P.P.S Techspot is a far more marture forum than any others that i've lookied at, people are always helpful and considerate, i've never experianced any major flame wars in the time i've been here
P.P.P.S How does that Karma rating thing work?

Finchy said:
hang on, am i the only one really REALLY confusled by this, i always understood RealBlackStuff to be a good guy who helped people, not this new nasty person whos parting shot is to insult practically everyone on this forum.

P.P.S Techspot is a far more mature forum than any others that i've lookied at, people are always helpful and considerate, i've never experianced any major flame wars in the time i've been here.

I completely agree with you Finchy. Techspot is a GREAT forum. People around here are very helpful, polite and especially, mature.

I really don't know wtf is RBS talking about.

And like SNGX said, he should be replaced by someone.

wolfram said:
I completely agree with you Finchy. Techspot is a GREAT forum. People around here are very helpful, polite and especially, mature.

I really don't know wtf is RBS talking about.

And like SNGX said, he should be replaced by someone.

He is talking abou the disrepect he feels when somebody disagrees with him. Hey I get ticked of too. Actually Techspot is a very mature formun. However I felt like I got flames when some jerk told me to suck it when I said AMD was better that intel because they have better prices.

Some may disagree, its okay to disagree, but there was no need to be rude about it.

He probably took one look at the WoW vs GW thread that I screwed over and decided there and then to leave :stickout: But w/e I don't know why:

A) We are asking why he left because he said that was his last post and

B) If he hates it when people get shocked... why did he say something like that? Sorta... shocking.

What a bad way to see someone go. Such a well respected member of the techspot community and he decides to leave over a small disagreement. Wow, if someone acts this way on an internet forum, i hate to see how they act in person. I really have no room to say such a thing, i am rather a "newb" here compared to some people, but for someone to leave in that manner is rather shameful. It's obvious his intentions were for us to feel "sorry" for either him, our selves, but i hope no-one does either. Deciding to leave is one thing, deciding to leave in such an immature way is a whole nother'

wo wo wo, back off, no offense but that was really out of order

It's never nice to have a go at someone like that, its not fair and is immature (in my opinion).
I don't have problems with personal opinions, as long as they stay private, we dont want any flame wars.

I know it's none of my business but i think you should apologise, please

IBN said:
SNGX1275 you are the most patronizing and arrogant member on this forum.

I think that is a wee bit harsh to say as well! You have been around this forum long enough to know how some peoples skin is thiner than others. He says what many of us think, well maybe just the way i see it. And he keeps the threads on track for the most part, headed in the right direction.

hello techspot members.
i would like to say, whatever anyone's feelings are about RBS, it now turning into a free for all. for everyone that maybe becoming carried away with anger, look at the yahoo anti-spy community, its terrible!
please don't turn TS into that, i am sure that TS site does not deserve it.
we don't live or work together, so why get angry ?:wave: :wave:

IBN said:

Well, why would you discriminate a mod? He has helped me countless times and I have to say that he is one of the nicer members around here.

I think we are all just using RBS as an excuse to say what we feal in general. I say get over it.

RBS we are gonna miss you. Take care and be safe :wave:

I do have to disagree with RealBlackStuff on some things; for instance, this is a really mature forum. I belong to a Procuction Studio that deals with CS:S, and I have to say, the forums on that website are a lot more vulgar and immature that ours. Techspot will always be my true forum though :D !

IBN said:

We don`t tolerate personal flaming on Techspot. SNGX1275 is one of the most respected members of Techspot and doesn`t deserve that kind of utter rubbish. You are of course entitled to disagree with someone, even a mod, but at least do it in a constructive manner.

Regards Howard :cool:

We don`t tolerate personal flaming on Techspot. SNGX1275 is one of the most respected members of Techspot and doesn`t deserve that kind of utter rubbish. You are of course entitled to disagree with someone, even a mod, but at least do it in a constructive manner.

Couldn't agree more. SNGX has helped me numerous times, and doesn't deserve to be called arrogant. He was only voicing his opinion.

IBN said:

See thats what I'm talking about. However I kind of agrgee with you his post was also in a similar fasion. Still man SNGX is cool, don't dis him.

EDIT:
howard_hopkinso said:

Regards Howard :cool:

Still from a perpective he was flaming others, but still he was doing it in a much less intensive way.

This thread is getting very heated; it's probably best to close it, moderator who just so happens to stumble upon this thread ;) . What we are doing by arguing is fufilling what RBS said we are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back