LCD and DVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

dalep62

I read the thread where someone had trouble with their new LCD and it had to do with the DVI hookup. I have a TI4400 card (I know it is old, but it works fine) with one DVI connection and I was going to buy an LCD monitor. Would I hook it up just as my CRT is? Do I have to download anything to get it to work? I don't know much about computers and all I want to do is just plug the thing in if I get it. The lCD has an 8 RMS. has anyone seen one with this RMS in action or should I stick with the CRT for gaming?

Yeah, if it's a dvi lcd, then connect the lcd's dvi connector to your dvi port and hopefully it should work. The lcd possibly also has analog input, so if the dvi doesn't work(it should), then you could use that. Dvi gives slightly better quality. It should work to just plug it in. It may have some kind of cd that installs a tuning/adjustment program for it or something. If it's a good lcd quality and a fast response time it should be good for gaming, although crts are a little better.

the lcd should come with a cd as driver for it. i am assuming u have a dvi port on the graphics card u have and every think should work right out of the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back