LCD flatscreen problems with my Radeon x800XT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 204B, Drivers: Latest

Videocard: ATI Radeon x800XT, Drivers: Latest Catalyst

Problem: Image on screen gets distorted. Sometimes its red pixels everywhere, and images in game get really distorted in various ways, kinda hard to discribe. Other times evenly spaced, equally sized boxes appear all over the screen, containing what I think is pieces of the screen that are contained inside the other boxes. It has only occured in 3 different games: World of Warcraft (twice, not recent), Day of Defeat: Source (twice today), and Cabal Online version Closed Beta(innumerable times since the release of the beta). Occasionally this problem carries over from game to my desktop. forcing me to restart to fix it.

Originally, I thought it was Cabal that was causing this, but today when I got fed up and played DoD: S to relieve some stress, the problem occured, leading me to believe the problem is deeper. I attempted to switch my Digital I/O cord to my Analog I/O cord to see if that would remedy the problem, but to no avail, it only made it worse! I could really use help.

here's a screenie of cabal messed up

Strange but I would unistall the video drivers and reinstall them and make sure you have the latest Direct X. 9c I think.

Yea got that can of compressed air and it blew CHUNKS of dust out of my card's heatsink. Also opened up my front panel on my monitor and there was a centimeter layer of dust on my comp...maybe thats why....

Did it work properly?
You should clean your computer regularly. Keep dust away at all cost.

Try another resolution

Hi...

I have the same LCD screen and a MSI Radeon X800XL... My screen also distorts in some games, but only in the 1600x1200 resolution. Try a resolution below, it worked for me.

If you find out why it distorts, please share the solution... Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back