LCD HDTV Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wesablo

hey, im sorry if this is the wrong spot to ask this, but i wasnt sure where to post cuz im new but hopefully someone can help anyway - i just ordered an Olevia 27" lcd hdtv from newegg and i had a problem when trying to turn it on. (at this point i would like to point out that the tv i ordered was refurbished, which could be the problem but im not sure) So i dont really have any experience with hdtvs, and i was under the impression that you could hook up a regular coaxial cable and just the power chord and be able to get cable tv just like my regular crt tv.... so i opened my Olevia, hooked those 2 chords up, tried to turn it on.....and nothing. I got a bue led light on the front signaling power, but no image on the screen. The first time i turned it on it looked like an Olevia logo was burnt into the screen, or about to light up, but i turned it off by mistake because im used to instant images like with crts. After that, i got pretty much no further luck and im beginning to think that this refurbished model was DoA. the only thing that doesnt make so much sense to me is that the blue led light comes on in the front panel. Could anyone help me out with this? I wanna know if theres something about lcd hdtvs that i don't know about thats causing this problem, cause like i said im a newb with hd. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back