LCD monitor cleaning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Svoboda

I've had my new lcd for a few weeks and i notice it's gathering dust, but i'm afraid to touch the screen...

i know there are products like wipes and such that companies make for this purpose, and i was wondering are there any specific types that people would recomend? or if not, is there anyway to clean it using household products?

Thanks

I use an ostrich feather duster for dust (naturally) and 5-1 water-dishsoap mixture for fingerprints or spit (from especially ferocious death matches). Just stay away from wood-based products like paper towels or toilet paper as the fibers are too harsh- an old cotton tee shirt works well...

I don't know about you guys, but I use harsh chemical cleaners and scrubby paper towels. :) All the flat panels I've done this to still look new. ;)

While I don't recommend using said items, the point is don't be afraid to touch it. I think they are more durable than many people would believe.

Currently using the cloth that came with my RayBan sun glasses, and that works wonders.
A quick rub and any fat finger marks or dust is gone :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back