LCD Monitor for Gaming Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
lcd

Really it's confusing, some people complain of 8ms and 12ms lcds ghosting, while other people get 25ms lcds that they say have no ghosting at all. I think it has more to do with the quality of the lcd.

I've got a 19 inch LCD, and I play first person shooter games all the time, and ghostinig has never bothered me, never even noticed it really. Can't remember what the specs on it are, but it's a Gateway, and for sure there are better ones out there than what I've got. If you know anybody that's got one that you can audition, I suggest you give it a try and see what you think. I don't think I ever want to go back to a CRT.

I would assume if I were to get one, I should go with the Acer though, since I don't recognize the name of the other?

It'd be nice if I could try one out and see how it is. When I say gamer, I mean sometimes 10-15 hours a day on the weekends. Strictly online games though, EQ, EQ2 and WoW.

Clear Look

:hotouch: :hotbounce I Do alot of gaming and see alot of computer and computer games, though I use a CRT there are very good LCDs For gaming, I preffer CRTs over LCDs because I have kids and they like to touch the monitors (Never touch an LCD) I would have to say the best think to do is go to a few stores and look aroung at all the LCDs ignoring the price and specs find the top three that look best to you and then make a choice from there. If you are not happy with the LCD you will regret buying the monitor and computers are the most expensive commodity on the daily market. dont ever make the mistake of buying a computer part that you will not be happy with.
PS you should look at getting and LCD from a place with a good warnetee and offers a "0 frozen pixle" option a froven pixle in a key point on you LCD can be a real Grr and toss you game play off. you will be thinking "STUPID FROZEN PIXLE!!" when you should be thinking "Who do I frag next..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back