LCD Monitor Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, heres the problem, yesterday i left my girlfriend on the computer and when i came back home she told me that the screen shut off randomly like that and i asked her if she dint do something wrong and she said no she was just reading the news, my screen is an 19 inch plasma LCD NEC MULSTISYNC monitor, so then i restart my computer, its showing the beginning screen then it goes black then it shows a bit the Windows loading then it goes black
then when i was finally on my desktop the screen was set to standby (yellow light) so then i opened it again i could see my desktop for 1 sec then it turned off again...help?? right now im sitting in front of a crappy fat monitor thats hurting my eyes i would really apreciate if someone could help me and ill reply very quickly thank you have a nice day

If you have plugged the crappy fat monitor into the same system then this confirms the monitor is bad. If you can see a faint image of what should be there on the screen, then the backlight has gone - most common is a fault with the backlight power supply. Not something you can usually fix yourself - and it isn't your girlfriends fault either.

Unless you have a shop that will fix it, backlight problems are common so you should have someone near you. If you are in UK I can give you a contact.

Unplug it also from the PC itself and wait a couple of hours then plugin the power only turn it on. Turn it off plugin the video vga pc cable back in. Use a different outlet also. Might sound weird but this happen to one of my LCD Monitors. The darn thing is working again. I use to repair the ones LCD in laptops, but they do ack up..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back