Legal Multiplayer

Status
Not open for further replies.

antradox

i dont know if i am posting this in the right place for it but i just want to ask a question about legal multiplayer gaming

the thing is i help run this youth club and we just received 6 alright computers for free. since the comps are not much of a beast (celeron 1.7ghz!! a beast?? nah..) i was thinking of installing starcraft in them. Now i own a copy myself, so if i used my original copy on one and installed spawns on the rest would that be illegal?(goes for other games too) That would mean me using that one CD key.

or will i have to fork out like $120 for 6 copies of Starcraft just to have it legal?

help would be greatly appreciated

oh btw, the usage of the computers are for free, the club does not charge any member who uses it

Depends on what the license agreement says on the game'e EULA. I can't remember starcraft's one exactly, but in general most games let you only use one license per pc, so you could be breaking it. The EULA/Terms and Conditions/License agreement etc can be found on the CD somewhere (and the installer when it says Agree/do not agree) or on the net. Just have a look first.

Its possible that you can get a volume license from Blizzard for Starcraft instead of buying separate boxes, which works out cheaper usualy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back