Legality

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberguy

What's the legality in using Limewire? I have Comcast for internet, is it easier for me to be tracked by the cops? Because my friend uses Limeiwire, but i am too worried abouit being fined. Any ideas?

Dude if I was you I would download all you want cuz it's a file SHARING program. Buy just drag and drop want u want on cds or dvds. And we will prob get in trouble cuz you cant talk about these on techspot. Oh and im planning on getting comcast. How much mb do u get a second?

Using Limewire is perfectly legal. Obtaining copyrighted material by using Limewire is not legal.

Techspot does not condone piracy. Please watch what you ask, and people that are going to respond, be careful of what you say. Otherwise this thread will get locked or deleted real quick.

Bad Move...

joseywales09 said:
To be honest I could care less I was just helping him out.
Helping him out??? From what I've been told (by howard hopkinson) Limewire is BAD. Not because downloading from it is illegal, but because they send you little "presents" with your music. Search for yyy65 in the forums. You'll see (I hope). :dead:

yah ive downloaded a ****load of music from it and its all fine. I did that a couple years ago. Maybe he should get BitTorrent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back