Legitiment IP Finding Software.

Status
Not open for further replies.

r1_forever

I am trying to find some software that can tell me the IP Address of someones Pc who is on a Modem connection. I live about 1-1/2 hrs from my family and need to use Radmin 2.1 to help them occasionally but I cannot get them to find the IP address, start Radmin, and allow Z/Alarm permissions so I can assist them. They are both in their 60's and it is beyond their grasp. I need something that will send me the IP address when they are online. This is not a Spyware question and any help will be used with gratitude. I allready run Starr Commander on their Pc with their knowledge as it allows me to check where they are going wrong with things on their Pc.

Andrew.

All spyware and other sniffing things are legal if you install it with the full knowledge and permission of the computers owner.

The easiest way is to sign up to a dynamic dns service like www.dyndns.org and install a program that registers the new IP every time they come online. This way you can access their computer through the same name even if the IP changes.

I doubt it would be beyond your grandparents' skills to click on a shortcut to "ipconfig" on the desktop and tell you the IP over the phone.

Originally posted by Nodsu
I doubt it would be beyond your grandparents' skills to click on a shortcut to "ipconfig" on the desktop and tell you the IP over the phone.

Yeah, just get them to type this into start, run:

cmd

then

ipconfig

and get them to tell you the number. its pretty simple.

Thanks

Thanks guys, I will try those suggestions and see how it goes. They are my parents by the way..geez I feel old suddenly..lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back