Lexmark Scanner real pain...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a lexmark X6100 all-in-one and i can't scan.each time i try reinstalling it, or updating the driver, i get an error message saying Windows cannot find installer for Image, please contact hardware vendor. i tried, but i couldn't understand anyone i spoke to. I can print and fax just fine, but i simply can't scan. can sum1 help me with this?

Rule 1:
Yeah, find out what windows are REALLY for!
Open them, then give that piece of Lexmark junk it's first flying lesson!

Rule 2:
If you insist on keeping it, then go into System/Hardware/Device Manager and remove the entry for the scanner. Click on View/Show hidden devices, in case there is another instance lurking in there, and delete if needed.
Go to the Lexmark website to make sure you have the latest drivers. Install as per Lexmark instructions.

If still no joy, Rule 1 applies!

I would luv to follow rule 1, but i cant really afford to replace it. as for rule 2, well i tried to remove the driver, but i still get the same windows cannot.... message. also tried updating and so on but still no luck :blackeye:

Click on Start/Run type in regedit and click OK.
Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\StillImage\Events\STIProxyEvent\
Check the entries there, if ther is one that contains references to your Lexmark scanner.
The entry would be the {letter-number combination} with stuff in it.
If you find it, delete the {xxxxx} by rightclick/delete it.
Then try installing again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back