LG monitor problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

xenohawk

I've got a new LG Flatron 775FT, and for some reason the screen keeps resizing. I resize it to take full advantage of the viewable size, but after running some apps it resizes itself to have about a 1mm black margin then when I close the apps the screen shrink back 1mm black margin. This happend only when there is a large difference of black and white (like desktop is black and the apps is white). When the apps is white and another apps is also white it dosen't resize.

After I've encounter this problem I got a change for a new monitor but the new one is also the same as the previous one.

Anyone know how to fix this?

That's what I'm having now!!

Seems like this is more to cheaper monitor problems. Sigh...
I just wish I could get a better one but my budget are limited so..

Any ideas to reduce the problem?

Thanks for replying :)

I haven't heard that it would damage the monitor, so maybe you can just learn to live with it. The effect can be reduced by reducing contrast, from the monitor and/or the desktop colors. Other than that, I'm not sure. Maybe if you can change the video input level from your monitor (from 0.7v to 1.0v), that would do something too..

what is this video input level? On default it is on 0.7v and when I switch to 1.0v the contrast lowers a lot. Btw, I have a Gainward GF4 Ti 4200 64Mb as the display card just in case you want to know.

Video input level is what the monitor expects to get from the graphics card. If you set it higher, you'll get darker colors, naturally, as it doesn't affect the graphics card which feeds 0.7v all the time (or whatever it's set to).

Yes, it is a perfectly normal problem and it is not a sign of your monitor breaking or anything like that...

I've noticed it tends to happen with cheaper monitors, and happens more often with brighter colors such as white.

Mic has a good idea. Alternatively, you can decrease the contrast if you do not have a 0.7/1.0v option. It doesn't make for a very pretty picture though. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back