LG Super Multi DVD Burner

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't get my new LG DVD Multi Burner to burn DVD. I am running Win 2000 Prof. on a Pentium 3 with 2 - 40 G hardrives and 512 of DDR Ram, with an MSI (MS-6366) Motherboard. I use Ulead Media Studio 7 to produce and burn video. I have tried it, as well as Nero and EasyCD Creator. I can get to the point of the actual initialization of the DVD but them the computer freezes and will go no further. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Brian

if you press ctrl/alt/del and go into task-manager, shut down all unnecessary Applications. Switch off your Anti-virus during burning.
Under the Performance tab, what is your CPU and MEM usage?

Brian if the suggestion rbs gave does not work It may be that you have not thoroughly cleaned up after loading and deleting those different brands of authoring software.They will not live together especially under Win2k ( Even left over files from a uninstall can cause trouble) I have that same DVD writer .For instance the Nero site has a file to clean the registry after deleting writg sftwre .Nero and adaptec have specific conflicts particulaly the packet writing stuff.Since i don't know exactly what you have done I can only speak in generalities.Pay particular attention to the bsod messages you received.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back