Lights Are On But No Ones Home.....??

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a asus a7nbx-e deluxe motherboard with a barton amd 2.600+ processor pc 3200 ddr 400 ram and a 256 mb nvidia graphics card.
when i switch on the4 tower all the fans kick in and the cd rom light comes on and the disc starts to spin, also the hard drive fires up but i have no bios checks come up on the screen ,,,not even the monitor comes off standby. it just then sits there looking dumb...!
ive tried resetting the cmos but to no avail....
has anyone got any ideas???
could it be the chip thats knackered or the board..??

please help........! :hotbounce

knackered eh? if you havent already, id pop it open and reseat all the connections. hard drive, processor,ram, etc

Lights Are On But No Ones Home? You know my 3rd wife? LOL Check your CMOS battery. It doesn't matter how new the mobo is, I've seen em new out of the box with weak or dead batteries. Is this a new build or was it working before? If it's not new, have you installed any new hardware or programs?

Good point luvhuffer's I have also seen them bad right out of the box.. ALso one question what type of power supply do you have and how old is it?? THis maybe a power supply issue.

Lights Are On But No Ones Home.....??

Your lights are on, but you're not home
Your mind is not your own
Your heart sweats, your body shakes
Another kiss is what it takes

You can't sleep, you can't eat
There's no doubt, you're in deep
Your throat is tight, you can't breathe
Another kiss is all you need

Whoa, you like to think that you're immune to the stuff, oh
yeah

It's closer to the truth to say you can't get enough, you
know you're

Gonna have to face it, you're addicted to love

One of the major components in your system could be dislodged, but its more likely that you have a bad mobo or CPU in there. RAM could also be a culprit, as could graphics card. If possible, swap these things out one at a time, and try other components in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back