Limewire virus

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottishlad

hello peaple, im needing some help here (im a newbie).i think i ave downloaded a virus from limewire w32 spybot worm.my norton anti virus has dealt with it i think.but now limewire starts up when i turnmy comp on even when i close limewire it starts back up on its own! my task manager does not seem to cum up when i press ctrl alt delete! any help would be great thanx!

If you remove Limewire from your PC you'll run less risk of getting infected again.
If you hadn't installed it in the first place, you would not now have an infection.
And you also show terrible impatience!
Go read some of the Read: How to... posts higher up.

RealBlackStuff said:
If you remove Limewire from your PC you'll run less risk of getting infected again.
If you hadn't installed it in the first place, you would not now have an infection.

basically you are telling me what i already no!

very sorry about being impatient but when ur comp plays up,i think we are all champing at the bit to resolve the problems,my sincere apoligies.

RealBlackStuff said:

infact where about am i being impatient i was askin if i posted in the correct thread! so u my friend are talkin nonsense as i am a very patient person.thanx again!

I don't think RBS knows that this thread was posted in the wrong forum section (cpu & chipsets) that I'm the one who moved it to this forum.

But it is true that you're lacking patience as can be seen in :
  • 1) you don't take the time to look for the proper forum subsection in which to create your thread
  • 2) you have posts just a couple of minutes apart instead of using the "edit" function & editing your previous post :p
Now have some patience, read the sticky threads & someone might drop by & provide some help.;)

Didou said:
I don't think RBS knows that this thread was posted in the wrong forum section (cpu & chipsets) that I'm the one who moved it to this forum.

But it is true that you're lacking patience as can be seen in :
  • 1) you don't take the time to look for the proper forum subsection in which to create your thread
  • 2) you have posts just a couple of minutes apart instead of using the "edit" function & editing your previous post :p
Now have some patience, read the sticky threads & someone might drop by & provide some help.;)

well thanx for pointing out the edit function.

as i said sincere apoligies! but do u see that thing under my name that says newcomer u have a little patience with me please ty.

whats patience got do do with being methodicall in reading all these stickys in diffrent threads?

i will start again!

have had limewire 4.10 for a while now, but it recently started popping up and starting up randomly and when I would close it it would keep doing it. I uninstalled limewire and yet for some reason it still tries to start. I have restarted the computer, scanned for problems and none seem to be working. I get a message as limewire tries to start from a java windows saying "one or more necessary fles appeard to be invalid, This is generally cause by a corrupted installation. Please try downloading and intalling limewire again. If the problem perssts blease copy and paste the following mesage and e-mail it to bugs@limewire.com.
I tried intalling it again but it fails becuase it says there is another version/ limewire is still running, but I uninstalled it. I could not find limewire anywhere on my computer so I checked the task manager to see if it was still running. The task manager suddenly does NOT work now, so I cannot check to see whether or not another limewire is still running somehow.
I e-mailed bugs@limewire only to get a message back saying that my message could not be sent becuase it was invalid or something like that.

Please help.
Thanks
(P.S. I am sorry if this is in the wrong forum section as I am new to this forum. Moderators can move this topic to the correct place it need be)

RealBlackStuff said:

he does not have impatience. this is just a ****ty forum. i would get frustrated too if i didn't get a response 2 hours later.

he does not have impatience. this is just a ****ty forum. i would get frustrated too if i didn't get a response 2 hours later.

If that's how you feel then please do NOT post here. This site is run by volunteers who donate their own time and expertise to help others. As you can see - we have a lot of posts in the security forum - so it's hard to keep up - and we do have a our own lives to live.

Regards Jason :)

Your right... This is a FORUM. Not a paid technical support site. You get a response when someone is available to respond. It's not like we pay them to sit in front of their computers all day to answer us because we ***** users get into trouble on the web and get virus's. If you want a answer right away... Maybe you should hire a tech to work it out for you! I appreciate every piece of advice they give me for FREE! Kudos to those who help!!

Thank you for your kind words TearsInHvn - I'm sure all our forum regulars in the security forum will appreciate it.

As TearsInHvn said - if you want help straight away - then pay for it.

Well Said

I salute all the volunteer work being done on this forum, otherwise it will cause a lot of pain in *** to hire a tech to clean your crap :p

IMO the help here in any of the forums is good and one of the best I've seen. Mr Howard_Hopkinso made such wonderful guides for the "Security and the web" forum which IMO are easy to follow for any newbie. ;)

So I think some thanks has to go to Howard - maybe if you leave a message here - rik can maybe send it too him.

Yes... I agree. Howard helped me himself at one time. I went to school for 2 years for troubleshooting and repair, and i still come here for help as we tech's don't always know everything! Group effort is always helpfull, as what one tech doesn't know, another one may.

Thanks AGAIN Howard!!!!!

My motto is "If you aren't sure - just ask". Not everyone knows everything - and even experts have to ask questions.

Howard was a legend (Well he still his) - and I hope he can come back one day. :)

cobert said:

Then go pay for help.

While you are at it stop bumping old threads. Original post was on 03-13-2006

Then move on to another forum. We don't need you here.

Jase123 said:
If that's how you feel then please do NOT post here. This site is run by volunteers who donate their own time and expertise to help others. As you can see - we have a lot of posts in the security forum - so it's hard to keep up - and we do have a our own lives to live.

this came up as a search result from google and i just wanted to simply inform him. i never come here in fact it was the 1st time i ever came here. but seriously. ****ty forum. have fun. not visiting here again so i guess you can ban me if you want?

Instead of saying it go! Seriously it's people like you who make me just want to stop helping people all together - but then I think no why should I let them kind of people put me down. We work as fast as we can and do our best to help anyone. We could just stop helping people then you would have no alternative than to pay for help. But like I said - we donate our own time and expertise to help others.

Bye!

Jase123 said:

amen to that, jase :) .

anyway, topic starter, try starting your pc in safe mode (restart pc. after POST screen loads, keep pressing F8. then pick "safe mode with networking"). then click start> search. it will bring up a search window. on the left side of the window is a box with the office assistant in it. click "all files and folders". if its not there, then click the back button thats in the side panel. once youre in the search area, click "more advanced options". check the first 3 options, "search system folders", "search hidden folders", and "search subfolders".

in the search box "all or part of the file name" search for the following entry:

Code:
limewire

dont do anything to them though. if it finds anything, open internet explorer and post back all the entries it found. if it doesnt find anything, redo the search with this following entry:

Code:
lime wire

anyway, just trying to get this back on topic. and sorry that i do have bad punctuation, but like the others here, i am a volunteer (but not an official one lol :p ) im just trying to help people out with the computer skills i already know :)

well, happy hunting (for these files lol)

~plasma

EDIT: omg im such a noob, i just realized how old this thread is. oh well. if the topic starter ever comes back to look again, here it is. T_T wow i cant believe i just did that lol

EDIT 2: and cobert, you really need to stfu, because ur being such an ungrateful *** to all the helpful people who come here to help others, and on their own free time. they could be doing other things, and other things much more fun than being basically an unpaied tech support person. i for one greatly appreciate what these people here do. theyve saved my hide many a time, and i couldnt be more thankful for that. but you for one are being so unappreciative, it almost makes me sick. ever since i had to get a pc fixed the second or third time here, i started coming here every day, mainly looking in this section. and ya know what? im not even one of the main helpers here, but hell, ill do it anyway. i take what i currently know about computers, and if someone else is having a problem, ill try to use what i know to help them out.

peace,

~plasma

Enough is enough. I can't believe all this happened in the span of a night's sleep.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back