Limited Account - I'm able to install

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just did a clean reinstall/format of my comp (New Year thing), and I initially set up 2 accounts (both admin properties).
After installing everything I wanted/needed, I decided to switch the identity I was installing with to Limited.
With a limited account you're not supposed to be able to install programs.
I did though, anyone know what's going on here?

Hmmm, well this was SpamPal, which was fine, but I figured anything executable, or with cab files being installed it wouldn't.
Got an example of what it WON'T allow? :grinthumb :grinthumb :grinthumb :grinthumb

Most things not written by MS that require the installation abilities of windows XP really.

I don't know spampal, (sounds a little suspicious to me anyway - or unessecary), but as an exaple, I belive NERO shouldn't install without administrative rights, I don't believe Outpost, Kerio, or AVG should install either - and to the best of my knowledge, neither should ad-aware or Spybot install without administrative rights.

Some Apps,Game etc. can be installed even if ur using a limited account like diablo 2 just install it on ( c: ) not in program files.

depends on how you set up the limited acount.... the administrator determines who can do what with a limited account.

NEVER limit yourself if you're the administrator!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back