lindef

Status
Not open for further replies.
HI New Person here. Hope some one can help. The last 4 days everytime I use a screen saver my monitor goes off to orange light,but I still can hear the sounds in the background. the only way I can get anything going is to shut off my computer and start it up again.I even used my slde show of just pictures ans it did the same thing. I have an XP home edtion.I just put in a littlr floor fan next to my computer to see if it will help.I have found out yet.
Thank YOu All
lindef

Does this happen at any time or only when the screen saver is launched ? ?
You might try a few things; 1) Unplug all power sources and dis-connect the monitor. Open the case and inspect all the fans for buildups of dust etc. Use a can of compressed air to blow out all dirt.
2) Next remove the vid card and re-seat it in it's slot.
3) Leave the side panels off for now, hook everything back up and re-start the machine. Launch the screen saver and see if it happens again...If it does
4) Locate the latest video drivers for your card and re-install them.

If the problem still persists try the above with another monitor hooked up.

Good Luck and let us know.
And Welcome Aboard.

patio. :cool:

Another thing you can do is right click on the desktop and go to properties. From there choose the screen saver tab, and hit the power button.
Then Set system standby to Never. You can achieve significant power savings by shutting your hds down and monitor after a set period of time, thats going to do you about as much good as standby, but without the problems that sometimes ensue with using system standby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back