LINE IN Problem CHALLENGE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guyz,

I have a soundmax integrated card on a Toshiba Dynabook Ex bought in Japan. I'm trying to connect my amplifier's monitor out to my PC Line in in order to digitalize music from LPs. However, there is no sound coming in. I checked all the settings in the sound controller, checked the drivers, looked for the control file... still nothing. I'm sure it's a small bogus I misunderstood.

Please help me quick, it's for my work.

Frank

Most soundcards allow only one input channel active at one time. Are you sure you have selected the line-in and nothing else? You can see it in the recording volume control. (Are you sure it's line-in and not microphone?)

Yes I tried. There's no sound. It seems it's blocked in a system file. That's weird because I thought it was open stream from the default settings.

Frank

Double click on the volume icon in the sys tray
Hit options, properties, and tick recording, also make sure "line in" is available from the drop down menu and hit OK.
Now make sure "line in" is selected on the recording mixer.

From here I'd do a finger test on the cable to make sure you are plugged into the correct jack. Next hook it back to the tape monitor and you should be good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back