Line in to USB Headset audio passthrough

Status
Not open for further replies.

HaLo2FrEeEk

I have my xbox 360 plugged into my computer through the regular line-inon my PC, I also regurly use a USB Headset, I would like to use this to listen to my line-in'ed sound, but I can only get it to go through the speakers connected to my computer. I'm running Vista Ultimate 64-bit. I just want to know how I can set up my line in to go through my USB headset (which shows up in audio devices in Vista, btw). Thank you.

The USB headset is a separate soundcard. You need some sort of software that takes input from one sound card and plays it through the other one.

In the WIndows audio settings.. What happens when you set your internal sound as the default recording device and the USB headset as the default output device?

If you have any advanced sound recording software, then you may be able to set it to input from the integrated sound and output to USB.

I have a few recording programs, like Vegas 7. When I tell Windows Vista to use the USB Headset as output and the line in as the input, it goes through my other audio output which is the speakers hooked up. I just bought a new 5.1 surround system (logitech x-540). Anyways, I would really like to make this work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back