Lines forming for Star Wars Episode II

Originally posted by SNGX1275
wow - thats dedication.... or insanity....

I would tend to lean on the insanity, you can play like me thought, I have a friend who is the manager at our local theater, we are going to "preview" the movie when they get the canister !!!!

After the tragic mess that was 'The Phantom Menace', I honestly thought there was no way Lucas could dig himself out of that hole. But after watching the latest two trailers for 'Attack of the Clones', I am actually looking forward to this new release. I may even take a day off of work to go see it.

wow - thats dedication.... or insanity....

Most definitely insanity. I mean how much of a life can these guys have to worship something that is complete fiction. I have much more important things to be doing instead of waiting outside some theater for a movie that I can wait an extra couple of days to go see without all the lines and traffic.

Go to a smaller town that is carrying it so you will not have to wait in such long lines.

Hey I'm Lord Darth Vader himself, and I wouldn't even dream of doing something like that.

Its nice to see a movie in a theatre for the first time, but its down the years, watching that film when the mood takes you that really gives me the enjoyment.

Certainly I find for a premier movie, even a really popular one, if you buy your tickets the day before or even a few hours before its enough....

I actually think some people started queuing last year, or earlier this year for Episode 2.
Dunno the trailers were a bit mixed to me. But guess I'm seeing them just as that, trailers. Either the first or second I thought was fantastic, could watch it over & over. The music was just done excellently to it. The last trailer wasn't so enjoyable like that, least not something I could watch over & over repeatedly like one of the earlier ones.

Still, neither beat the first Spiderman trailer. Just perfect. totally perfect. The one for Windtalker was pretty enjoyable also for about the 2nd half of it too. Wonder when that films out....

"I have no place else to go," said Elms, 39. "It's just fun sitting on Hollywood Boulevard watching the freaks and the tourists walk by."

Originally posted by erwin1978
Guys in Washington already started since last year.

Come on Erwin, admit it, you aren't doing good in school cause you have been posting from a laptop in that movie theater line in NY. We can tell.....go on....admit it.... ;)

Just kidding with you....

Very sad if thats the best use of their time that they can come up with... Come on. Its only a film. It really doesn't matter if your the first to see it or not. O-n-l-y a f-i-l-m. Come back to reality Jedi Masters!!!!

Now computer games on the other hand... ;)

Originally posted by SuperCheetah
Most definitely insanity. I mean how much of a life can these guys have to worship something that is complete fiction.

From what they are doing, I can conclude they have no obligations for an entire month..

This means they are:
  1. Jobless
  2. Girlfriendless
  3. Smell bad from never bathing
  4. Have no bills, family or obligations
  5. Worshipping a film older than they are.

Originally posted by Phantasm66
Hey I'm Lord Darth Vader himself, and I wouldn't even dream of doing something like that.

I wonder how you stand watching your movies. It must be like reading a paparazi magazine with pictures of you all over it ( Darth Vader spotted going out of a hotel with Celine Dion !!! :D ). We're lucky you're not a Sean Penn type of person.;)

Originally posted by Rick

This means they are:
  1. Jobless
  2. Girlfriendless

They actually accrue time from standing in line and don't have to physically spend an entire month there without moving so the smell bad thing can't be factored in if thats simply a assumption about very sad star wars fans. Some computer/IT guy is spending 8 hours a day in line and keeping in contact with his boss by mobile phone... Don't know if he is using a laptop and connecting to the web with a phone... not a way that I could live for a month... 14.4k? or 28? Eeeeew :eek:

Originally posted by Rick

From what they are doing, I can conclude they have no obligations for an entire month..

This means they are:
  1. Jobless
  2. Girlfriendless

1. The worst part is that I can answer yes to 1,2, 4... And for once 3 out of 5 isn't all that fun!

But on the other hand I've got a life, and might (in two months time) get a gf, depending on how elections go...

OK, I'll stop posting now, as I can't make much sense out of my post eiter... :confused:

Dark Victory
An inside look at the new "Star Wars" episode: how the young Darth Vader fell in love and George Lucas rediscovered the heart and soul of his epic series
http://www.time.com/time/sampler/article/0,8599,232440,00.html
BY RICHARD CORLISS AND JESS CAGLE
Star Wars: Episode II—Attack of the Clones opening May 16, the Anakin fable gets to the middle, the meat, the real story. The past was prologue, a modest prequel...

In Clones, Anakin, a young man of superior skills and even higher ambitions, chafing under the stern tutelage of his mentor, Obi Wan Kenobi , and daring to risk his status in the Jedi Order, which forbids romantic attachments, by pursuing a reckless passion for Senator Padme Amidala. They parry with oily, possibly insidious Senator Palpatine and battle the Jedi rebel Dooku and his droids with an army cloned from scurvy bounty hunter Jango Fett.

Originally posted by uncleel
Dark Victory
An inside look at the new "Star Wars" episode: how the young Darth Vader fell in love and George Lucas rediscovered the heart and soul of his epic series
Yeah, was reading that myself earlier on. The quots from him were neat enough, wonder what he's got in mind for the 3rd though.

too much..

Originally posted by SuperCheetah
Once again reiterating my post that these guys have absolutely NO life whatsoever!!!

I agree. I went to see Episode 1 about 3 weeks after it opened. It was still good, and I didn't have to spend hours, days, or weeks in lines. I plan to do the same this time around. I'm sure I won't expire from the anticipation, just like I didn't then.

Sure nothing is quite like seeing it on the big screen - but I'll most likely have it, within the first 24 hours its shown, on my computer. :) Wait - I didn't say that.
MPAA People - I'm clean I swear :)

Sure nothing is quite like seeing it on the big screen - but I'll most likely have it, within the first 24 hours its shown, on my computer. :) Wait - I didn't say that.
MPAA People - I'm clean I swear :)

NOW NOW!!!!!
Let's not get too carried away, I'm sure you'll have it before it is released, right? :cool:
But I think it would still be much better to see in theatres anyway, with alll the surrounds sound, and things that make good movies good movies. But that is my opinion. I haven't gone to the movie theatres in probably 2 years ;)

Back