Lines thru monitor...

Status
Not open for further replies.

guineypigg

anytime i turn on a certain tv,no matter what socket its plugged in, (just regular cable)...anyways when i turn it on i get really thin lines on my monitor,looks like thier going upstream lol,but its fine when i shut the tv off,the lines are gone...im assuming its just the tv,can these lines wreck my monitor? or can this be fixed?

thank you - sorry for posting this twice..posted in OS forum by mistake

Those lines are perfectly natural, and nothing to worry about.

You can find a bit of info about the how's and why's of it here...
Though it specificly deals with Sony Trinitron CRT's, it is the same with most other CRT's... (Or so I've been told)

oh no these line aint 1 2 or 3......hundreds of lines..really really thin ones,cum flickering up on monitor when i watch cable tv...shut the tv off..lines go away on monitor...but if nothing can happen to monitor or vid card, then ill leave it....its not that big a deal...when i watch tv computer usually off anyways.

guineypigg said:
oh no these line aint 1 2 or 3......hundreds of lines..really really thin ones,cum flickering up on monitor when i watch cable tv...shut the tv off..lines go away on monitor...but if nothing can happen to monitor or vid card, then ill leave it....its not that big a deal...when i watch tv computer usually off anyways.
Try reading through this thread and this one for various solutions. The graphic artifacts you'd described normally is called "rolling wavy lines".

Such lines may be caused by interference (perhaps a nearby television, microwave or other high-powered electronics).

Changing the refresh rate may alleviate the symptoms, although finding out what is causing it might be wise.

How to Change the Screen Refresh Rate of Your Monitor
1. Click Start, click Control Panel, click Appearance and Themes, and then click Display.

Alternatively, right-click the desktop, and then click Properties.
2. Click the Settings tab, and then click Advanced.
3. Click the Monitor tab, and then click the screen refresh rate that you want to use.
NOTE:
• The default refresh rate setting is 60 Hertz (HZ); however, your monitor may support a higher setting. Check your manufacturer's documentation for information about the settings that your monitor supports.
• If you use a higher refresh rate, you can reduce the rate that your screen flickers; however, if you specify a refresh rate that is too high for your monitor, your screen may become unusable and your hardware may be damaged.
• Changes to the refresh rate affect all users that log on to the computer.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;311403&sd=tech

ok my refresh rate was on 85 hertz,i changed it to 90 and lines went away, th tv i have is only a year old if that...should i leave the hertz set tp 90? nothing will ruin?
and thank you

Windows detects the higest refresh rate your monitor can support, so 90hz should be safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back