Links appear On Internet Explorer - Blank? :S

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deeloughran05

When i click on a link to another site on internet explorer another web page opens but nothing appears, just a blank page, the same when i click on pop ups, anybody any idea what is the matter? Thanks! :wave:

Your computer may have been hijacked.

Go HERE and follow the instructions exactly.

Then go HERE for instructions on how to post your Hijackthis log as an attachment.

Regards Howard :grinthumb

When you say they aren`t installing properly. What exactly do you mean?

Maybe the downloads are corrupt. Try redownloading the programmes, and reinstalling them.

If you still have problems, then just use the other programmes on the list, then post your Hijackthis log.

Regards Howard :) :)

Re-downloading the programs does not work so I've tried all the programs and i have attached the log file from Hijackthis, what do you think? :grinthumb Thanks!

You have not followed the instructions in the first link I gave you. That`s why you were advised to follow the instructions exactly. There is a text file of the instructions that you can download. It`s at the bottom of the page.

Go back to the link, and fix the entries that RBS says you should.

For what it`s worth your HJT log doesnt look particularly bad.

Once you have done that. Post a fresh HJT log.

Regards Howard :D

Hopefully i've done it properly now, what you think of the attachment? The internet explorer still isn't working properly tho :zzz:

I would strongly advise you to UNinstall that Ebay Toolbar!
If you want to keep it, ignore the Ebay-related lines underneath.

You also have a messy Norton/Symantec installation, mixed with Sophos stuff.

Boot in Safe Mode.
Switch System restore OFF, see how here.
In Windows Explorer, turn on "show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how here.
Press Ctrl/Alt/Del simultaneously, select Taskmanager/Processes, select the process (if there), click "End Process" for:

eBayTBDaemon.exe
MsgPlus.exe

Next, try to UNinstall anything to do with (not delete yet!):
C:\Program Files\eBay\eBay Toolbar2\eBayTBDaemon.exe
C:\Program Files\MessengerPlus! 3\MsgPlus.exe

Next, run a HJT scan and place a tick-mark in the little square before (if still there):
...................................................................................................
C:\Program Files\eBay\eBay Toolbar2\eBayTBDaemon.exe
C:\Program Files\MessengerPlus! 3\MsgPlus.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://www.axydimmbrxamuzd.com/rOfODs6VIoctrkNlpJdbqd0U7aiFwP7EUUceHLxoXHiYE1rBVqT/b_yanyYLe3GO.html
O2 - BHO: eBay Toolbar Helper - {22D8E815-4A5E-4DFB-845E-AAB64207F5BD} - C:\Program Files\eBay\eBay Toolbar2\eBayTB.dll
O3 - Toolbar: eBay Toolbar - {92085AD4-F48A-450D-BD93-B28CC7DF67CE} - C:\Program Files\eBay\eBay Toolbar2\eBayTB.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NAV CfgWiz] "C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\CfgWiz.exe" /GUID {0D7956A2-5A08-4ec2-A72C-DF8495A66016} /MODE CfgWiz /CMDLINE "REBOOT"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [eBayToolbar] C:\Program Files\eBay\eBay Toolbar2\eBayTBDaemon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MessengerPlus3] "C:\Program Files\MessengerPlus! 3\MsgPlus.exe"
O8 - Extra context menu item: &eBay Search - res://C:\Program Files\eBay\eBay Toolbar2\eBayTb.dll/RCSearch.html

Fix ALL of your O16 - DPF: entries

O23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation (ccPwdSvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccPwdSvc.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Firewall Monitor Service (NPFMntor) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\IWP\NPFMntor.exe (file missing)
23 - Service: Prime95 Service - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Prime95\prime95.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: SAVScan - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\SAVScan.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: ScriptBlocking Service (SBService) - Unknown owner - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\SCRIPT~1\SBServ.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Symantec SPBBCSvc (SPBBCSvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe (file missing)
...................................................................................................
Now click on the Fix Checked button in HJT.

When done, from between the above dotted lines, delete the highlighted bold files.
When a \directory-name\ is bold, delete everything in it, including that directory itself.
Delete all files and directories from: C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Local Settings\Temp
Repeat this for ALL [usernames].
Delete all files and directories from: C:\WINDOWS\Temp (except files dated from TODAY).
Boot normal. When all OK, switch System Restore back on.

Boot in Safe Mode.
Switch System restore OFF, see how here.
Next, run a HJT scan and place a tick-mark in the little square before (if still there):

O23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation (ccPwdSvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccPwdSvc.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Firewall Monitor Service (NPFMntor) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\IWP\NPFMntor.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: ScriptBlocking Service (SBService) - Unknown owner - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\SCRIPT~1\SBServ.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Symantec SPBBCSvc (SPBBCSvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe (file missing)
Now click on the Fix Checked button in HJT.

Delete all files and directories from: C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Local Settings\Temp
Repeat this for ALL [usernames].
Delete all files and directories from: C:\WINDOWS\Temp (except files dated from TODAY).
Boot normal. When all OK, switch System Restore back on.

I can't see any other errors (other than your mess between Sophos and NAV).
Try this Trendmicro scanner, runs on all Browsers:
http://be.trendmicro-europe.com/consumer/housecall/housecall_launch.php

And STOP using that "holey" Internet Explorer. Go to www.getfirefox and start using Firefox from now on!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back