Links Where They Shouldn't Be?

T

tifc8lraz

I was brosing TechSpot, and I encountered these odd misplaced dropdown menus on the top of my browser. If you look into the image, you can see that the links are actually off the page. I can't close them, or click out of them either. I just thought I should let you know :wave: !

untitled53245345345hf5.png

That`s weird, I`m not getting those.

Julio may have an explanation, cause I certainly don`t. :confused:

Is this happening on every Techspot page, or is it just that one?

Regards Howard :)

I just tested with Internet Explorer and everything came up fine :suspiciou . It must be Opera, my browser :mad: . I probably should have tested with IE before starting this thread; I guess I was too quick to think that there was a problem with TechSpot itself.

Yep, its been happening with Opera for a while now. Both 9.10 and 9.20 (not sure about <9), I debated making a thread about it. It only happens if you do something specific, give me a bit and I'll figure out how to make it happen.

Edit: Here is what is happening. If the mouse hovers over Pricewatch, OS Resources or TS Extra at the top of the page, their menu's don't appear below them as they should, they instead show up in the top left. They move the correct distance to the right if you go from left to right across those words, its just drawn in the wrong place. They also don't disappear when you aren't over them anymore.

If we mask as Firefox then doesn't that skew the data on what browsers are logged as visiting the site?

I can probably get Picasaweb to not complain if I mask as Firefox too, but I want google to get the message they need to make it work with Opera.

I've gone through so many browsers :( ....I don't like IE, Firefox doesn't have any ActiveX Controls, Netscape takes forever, Avant was slow, and Opera hasn't been the best either. Are there any other good free Browsers that you know of :confused: ?

My problems with firefox have been so vast that I can't even bring myself to recommend it to anyone, ever. I have had problems with it on no less than 4 computers under at least 3 operating systems. My latest adventure in it involves the whole webpage bouncing a few pixels up and down about 3x a second, fun times :unch:

My advice - stick with Opera.

That's weird SNGX, we've been using FF for a long time, and it works great. No problems at all.

But anyway, I decided to use Opera, but didn't like it. It was slower than FF (took longer to load images).

Back