Linksys Network Anywhere Card problems..

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTGear

I recently bought a Linksys Network Everywhere PCI Card for my computer since I was getting tired of the Ethernet to USB Adaptor. I plugged in the card and for the first hour or so it worked fine. Then my computer started randomly freezing. I was shocked since I hadn't seen that happen in awhile and I restarted. Freezing again. I went through the typical process of elimination, ran RAM check, took out PCI cards. Scanned for viruses, etc. No problems were found. So I hooked up the NIC again and my computer froze again. Whats the problem? could it be the NIC isn't compatible with my computer? The strange thing is, even after taking the NIC out of the pCI slot, my computer randomly freezes. What could the problem be?

Work backwards ...

You installed the linksys card & your problems began there, so i'd uninstall the PCI card and try re-installing it either with the drivers supplied or obtained from their website.

Post back & let us know how you are going ... :grinthumb

On the Installation Disk and on the website, they dont offer drivers for XP. XP automatically reconizes the card. So what should I do? Try unistalling and just letting XP reinstall the drivers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back