Linksys WIFI Nic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ididmyc600

Hi all

I did until today use a 3COM WIFI nic, never had much trouble with, easy to setup, easy to use.

A mate just gave me a Linksys nic and driver disk, so installed the disk inserted the card and followed the wizard, all seems ok, but,

The inbuilt software monitoring thing say "acess point found but not the internet...

Thing is I can access the web just fine, strange but true, check the pic... Seems this might be going on Ebay soon....

Regards

Attachments

• linksys.jpg
    linksys.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 8
Can you post an ipconfig /all while you are 'connected'? Start > Run > cmd and type in ipconfig /all

To copy the results, right click on the title bar, choose 'edit' and 'select all' from the menu. Right click anywhere on the highlighted text in the window and paste it here, in a reply. This information will help us see what's happening.

It sounds like you may be connected to your router, but your router is not connected to the Internet. We will be able to verify this by looking at your local IP address and verifying you don't have one assigned by APIPA

Rick said:
Can you post an ipconfig /all while you are 'connected'? Start > Run > cmd and type in ipconfig /all

To copy the results, right click on the title bar, choose 'edit' and 'select all' from the menu. Right click anywhere on the highlighted text in the window and paste it here, in a reply. This information will help us see what's happening.

It sounds like you may be connected to your router, but your router is not connected to the Internet. We will be able to verify this by looking at your local IP address and verifying you don't have one assigned by APIPA

Hi Rick

Cheers for the reply, the post was for Info only, like I said the internet works fine, I'm pretty certain its some kind of fault in the linksys software, maybe some kind of DNS issue thats blocked by my Belkin router or XP firewall,

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back