Linksys wireless g adapter gets hot and freezes mouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

roseypeach

Hi everyone,

I am having a very aggravating problem with my card. It gets very hot and causes my mouse and all to freeze. If I pull it out everything is fine and I can move my mouse again.

Note, I have disabled Speedbooster and that did not help. I also tried reducing the power in the advanced settings for the card but that didn't help either.

I am also having another problem. Occasionally after I have had to disconnect the card and reinsert it, my laptop detects new hardware and I have to reinstall again.
Oddly, it threw up a new version of the driver tonight--(OEM version)--I have Windows XP Professional SP2 so of course it wants me to install a signed driver, which I have tried all three, but with the same results.

Other times, I reinsert the card and I get a double beep instead of the single beep and it doesn't show up in my taskbar, so it doesn't connect.

If anyone out there knows how to resolve this please let me know. I am at wits end with this thing.

Thanks in advance,
Rosey

Is this a pcmcia card? Or PCI-Express card for laptop?
You likely have a bad card. Hope it is still under warranty.

It sticks in the side of my laptop.
I was figuring on that. Don't know about the warranty but
I did order a new one. Thanks for the info!

FYI--got new card

Howdy again,

Just wanted to let you know I got the new card and am doing well with it.
I talked to Linksys last night and they said its got a three year warranty so I am going to RMA it and sell the replacement on E-Bay.

Thanks again for your help!

Rosey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back