Linksys wireless g router 2.4 ghz speedbooster Acting funny

Status
Not open for further replies.

foreverzero89

ok when i woke up this morning and tried to get on the internet i found that my ethernet light on my modem was out. so i try everything i know and still nothing, then while on tech support(free) i noticed that the orange light on the router to the left was out and all the ethernet port lights were on. so i pulled the power cord out and back in and then everything was working fine. now i know there is a hardware firewall, my question: did the router catch some nasty virus or something in that catagory and this was some kind of "safe" mode?

foreverzero89 said:
question: did the router catch some nasty virus
No. :confused:
Routers do occasionally fall over.It`s when it starts happening regularly you need to worry.

Lots of ideas HERE about updating firmware,static IPs,DHCP etc.

ok i see what i need to do just not how to do it, if you could please tell me what i need to do it would be most apprecated, thank you!

If this is the first and only problem you`ve had with the router,you don`t need to do anything,although having the latest firmware is always a good idea. HERE

If you keep getting "crashes" setting a static IP might be an option,if it isn`t already static.HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back