LINUX DOWNLOADING (new thread w00t)

Status
Not open for further replies.
soooo guys, can u tell me how to download linux and about the XGl linux and the sabayon linux.... WTF are these, is there only 1 type of linux and all of these are skins and stuff....

ANd plus, i have windows, how do i get rid of it and get linux???

There aren`t that many members that deal with linux, so you`ll need to be patient.

I`m sure someone will get to you at some point.

Regards Howard :)

First, PLZ don't say PLZ... or any1.

Second, what happens is you download some linux distro (Suse, Redhat, Debian, Ubuntu, etc. etc.) and then you install XGL on them. I suggest Suse as it is the easiest to get XGL setup on.

Look,don't take this offensive, but i am pretty sure you don't have the experience to run most Linux distros. You may even find Ubuntu, one of the easiest, hard.

If you don't even know how to download it, or better yet install it, try compiling files, and using commands to access apps.

Also, there is a nifty little thing called google.com, you should check it out some time, it will answer about 90% of your questions.

bighead(kor) said:
WTF are these

Language please. After you download the .iso file, use a program that encrypes or burns the .iso file to a cd and boot the computer to the cd after you restart/turn it off.

WTF? I don't really know what that means! Never could understand....

To answer your question, once you get the CD burned like explained above, insert it into your computer and boot off of it. Follow the directions on the screen.

How to get rid of Windows? Make a backup. Insert boot disk, at command prompt. Format the drive. You can also format from the installer on the cd.

Listen to this, I am still learning Linux (And it will take some time), however I know lots about computers and how they work. If you cant understand the advice in above posts, plus mine, I don't think Linux will work for you.

--Daniel L

Yeah im now trying to DL ubunto, burn it off a cd to just to "test drive " it out. im getting sum professional help on this :) im not a.... "do it urself" person

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back