Linux Driver Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptPajamaShark

I recently got linux to work, but I'm having trouble with a driver for an Atheros wireless card.

I'm fairly new to linux and I just realized the drivers in linux are a bit different, and building them is a bit out of my league (or really obvious and I can't see it)

Here is the driver if it makes a difference. Link

Hmm, what flavor of Linux are you running? I cant find too many working solutions for your card all i see is it doesnt work, but im still digging.

Fedora 7, the card works on Vista, which I am dual-booting with, I really just need to know how to build and install the driver for it.

oh i see im have the same going here fedora and vista ultimate, from what i see your running a laptop correct? did you blacklist the default Atheros drivers i believe Fedora comes with if not

Code:
sudo echo "ath_pci" >> /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist

Code:
sudo rmmod ath_pci

then reinstall your driver and see if this works.

EDIT** I forgot to give you the disble command its up now

Ok, mine didn't seem to come with any drivers for it, but I'll try that.

And how do I build/install the drivers?

Also, my version of fedora seems to hate me and I can't get the command line to come up is there an easy shortcut that I'm missing for that?

It should be under accessories>terminal... as for drivers im still not seeing how it will work in FC7 i hate to say it but you might need to dl Ubuntu and try that route, i found cases of this card functioning in Ubuntu 7.04. Lemme keep searching though.

Uhh, is there a reason that the driver wouldn't work? It just says in the user guide that I need to build it...and that lead to my original problem at the top of this thread.

In case there is a misunderstanding, I have not installed the driver yet, I need help with that for linux.

>*< i misunderstood you i thought you already had it built and installed and it wouldnt work. I used Synaptic it included in FC7, just search for it on your linux drive, itll give you instructions on what to do. Let me know how it goes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back