Linux Knoppix

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwchato

anybody ever heard of linux Knoppix?You don't have to install it,just boot form your CDROM drivewith an ISO image.Everytime i try to write @ from an email address it gives me" this.And when i hit the Z i get a Y.Any Clues?

Maybe you got a version that was tempered with?

Knoppix is the best boot from cd linux so i doubt thats the problem

Maybe your keyboard is configured wrong? I think its defautlted to the united states but i could be wrong. Did your computer come with that keyboard? Does that keyboard have a bunch of misc buttons on it like email and that stuff?

Sounds like you may have downloaded the German version. I know a Z in German is a Y.

Try downloading the English one.

Linux Version

you said to try this,which I assume was another version of linux,but there was no version or link to try.

Where did you get your Knoppix CD?

Download the official thing from www.knoppix.org. And there are different versions - make sure you get the English one. I am pretty sure your current one defaults to German keyboard.

Linux

tdeg said:
Sounds like you may have downloaded the German version. I know a Z in German is a Y.

Try downloading the English one.

I think you got it right.I should have thought about that,i took German and spent 2 years there.

zephead said:
www.linuxiso.org

i download my distros from there, and have found knoppix to be fine. perhaps you should run an md5 checksum to verify that your cd is not corrupted.
LinuxISO is still the first place that people should look for versions of Linux to download. It is still sometimes possible to find the latest releases on university FTP servers, but LinuxISO is almost always reliable.

bwchato said:
I think you got it right.I should have thought about that,i took German and spent 2 years there.
Oops! :eek: :haha:

Mikael said:
LinuxISO is still the first place that people should look for versions of Linux to download. It is still sometimes possible to find the latest releases on university FTP servers, but LinuxISO is almost always reliable.

Oops! :eek: :haha:

should have told you sooner.I went to the site and found the right one and it is working fine,i thank you for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back