Lite-on ltr-52327s driver and XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

I am hoping somebody can help me with Win XP not recognising my cd-writer (Lite-on ltr-52327s). Lite-on site tells me XP should recognise the writer, but it doesn't. I dindn't find any more information at there site.

Anyone?

Thanks,

Jeroen

Is the device recognised by the BIOS? Maybe you should look over the cables and jumpers.

CD-R drive or CD-RW drive is not recognized as a recordable device

This is my first time posting, so I hope I'm doing it right. I wasn't a problem with the drive, just some messed up settings in the registry. I had the very same problem, and found this website to help me. I pasted the info I used, and included the link. Let me know if you need a better explanation, I'll be happy to help. Hope it helps.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;316529

RESOLUTION
To resolve this issue, edit the Microsoft Windows registry to identify the CD-R drive or CD-RW drive as a recordable drive. To do this, follow these steps.WARNING: If you use Registry Editor incorrectly, you may cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that you can solve problems that result from using Registry Editor incorrectly. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
1. Click Start, and then click Run.
2. In the Open box, type regedit, and then click OK.
3. Expand the following registry subkey:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\CD Burning\Drives
4. On the File menu, click Export.
5. In the File name box, type backup of drives key, and then click Save.

Note You can restore this registry subkey by double-clicking the backup of drives key.reg file that you saved.
6. In the left pane of the Registry Editor window, click the Volume{GUID} folder under Drives, where GUID is a 32-character hexadecimal globally unique identifier.

Note If you have more than one CD-ROM drive in the computer, an additional Volume{GUID} folder is listed for each drive.
7. In the right pane of the Registry Editor window, double-click Drive Type.
8. In the Value data box, type 1 or 2, depending on the drive type, and then click OK.

The drive type should be 1 if it is a CD-R and 2 if it is a CD-RW.
9. Quit Registry Editor.
10. Click Start, and then click My Computer.
11. Under Devices with Removable Storage, right-click the CD-R drive or CD-RW drive, and then click Properties on the shortcut menu.
12. If the Recording tab is displayed, Windows recognizes the drive as a recordable device.
13. Click Cancel.

Note If you have more than one CD-ROM drive, DVD-ROM drive, or CD-RW drive in the computer and the Recording tab is not displayed, an incorrect drive may have been configured as "recordable" in the Windows registry. To troubleshoot this issue, follow these steps:a. Follow steps 1 through 9 to edit the Drive Type value of the Volume{GUID} folder whose value you previously changed.
b. In the Value data box, type 3, and then click OK.

The drive type value of 3 indicates that the drive is a standard CD-ROM and is not writable.
c. In the left pane of the Registry Editor window, click the next Volume{GUID} folder.
d. Follow steps 7 and 8 to change the Value data entry to 1 or 2, depending on the drive type.
e. Quit Registry Editor, and then follow steps 10 through 12 to confirm that the Recording tab is displayed in the properties dialog box of the CD-R drive or CD-RW drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back