lo1 virus

Status
Not open for further replies.

john_le_squash

I have picked up a lo1 virus, and nothing seems able to remove it.

I have searched the net for advice and hope that this forum may be able to offer a glimmer of hope, failing that it is a reformat drive option and days spent recovering my stystem to it's former glory.

I read about Hijackthis and downloaded the software. This has helped me identify where the virus is but despite using the facility within the software to delete 'in use' files during restart it has been unable to remove the file.

I run AVG anti virus, this seems able to detect and heal it, but it quickly reproduces itself depite being healed, probably because it is being generated by a registry entry which hijack this also identifies but again is unable to remove.

Anyone know of a cure for this???????

john_le_squash

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I have moved your post to it`s own thread in the correct forum.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT and AVG Antispyware logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of john_le_squash only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Thanks Howard,

I followed the instructions in your post, and have now successfully removed the virus.

Many many many thanks, and keep up the good work

John_le_squash (Preston Lancs)

That`s good news, but you should still post the requested log files, just in case you have any other nasties lurking on your system.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of john_le_squash only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

I didn't want to waste any more of your time as your advice had cured the problem.

I have attached the hijackthis and avg lists as requested.

Hopefully everything is now ok.

Once again thanks for your help.

John_le_squash

Those log files are clean, but I`d still like to see an HJT log. However, it`s upto you.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O16 - DPF: {0246ECA8-996F-11D1-BE2F-00A0C9037DFE} (TDServer Control) - http://www.aajtak.com/wfplayer/tdserver.cab

O16 - DPF: {AE9DCB17-F804-11D2-A44A-0020182C1446} (IntraLaunch.MainControl) - file://E:\trial\intrlnch\IntraLaunch.CAB

O18 - Filter: text/html - (no CLSID) - (no file)

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT and reboot your computer.

Other than the above, your HJT log is clean.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back