Loading windows - quits 2 min before completion

Status
Not open for further replies.

sumter

I have been trying to load Windows XP all evening and now into night.

I take it through the last segment of steps - it starts at 39 minutes - installing windows - at 33 minutes it asks for my product key, regional options and area code and time zone. At 30 min it installs the network. And it shust down while installing the srat menu items. Now I have to start all over again - for the twentieth time.

It has gone as far as 2 minutes before completion, but it never completes the entire install.

I removed its 400 power supply and blew it out. I would have tried repacing it but all my other computers have a 250 watt power supply. Would it hurt to try a 250?

What should I try next?

Sandy

New development: now when Setup continues inthe 39th minute (abot 30 seconds after it starts) I get a popup that says : Fatel Error - An error has been encountered that prevents Setup from continuing. Setup failed to install the product catalogs. This is a fatal error. The setup logs files should contain more information. Press ok to view the setup log file.

The signature for Windows XP Professional is invalid. The error code is ffffdda. The system cannot find message text for message number Oxffffdda in the message file for syssetu.dll. Fatal Error.

It has gone as far as 2 minutes before completion, but it never completes the entire install.

What should I try next?

Question do you format the drive or do you insall right over the old windows?
If so and you dont mind loosing whats on your hardrive. try formating the drive and see if that solved the problem.

Hope this helps
Puppetgrimm1

disconnect from any DSL/Cable modem before attempting to install.
The network can be completed AFTER your new system is able to boot
successfully.

Way beyond that now

After attempting to load Windows XP Pro twenty or more times and terminating minutes before each load was finished, it finall started giving me error messages before it even started loading.

So I threw in the System Mechanic Drive Scrubber and scrubed it for a hour, then loaded in the 6 boot disks from Microsoft for XP Home, and then I tried to load Windows XP Home. It kept asking me to put in the CD, so I finally gave up. I think it wanted Windows 2000, although I used the same boot disks to load Windows XP Home onto this computer (that I am using).

I may try to put my old hard drive back in and see what I can do with that. Right now I'm too technicolgically exhausted.

Sandy

sumter said:
I have been trying to load Windows XP all evening and now into night.

I take it through the last segment of steps - it starts at 39 minutes - installing windows - at 33 minutes it asks for my product key, regional options and area code and time zone. At 30 min it installs the network. And it shust down while installing the srat menu items. Now I have to start all over again - for the twentieth time.

i have that problem with win2k pro can't get through the setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back