Local Area Connection unplugged

Status
Not open for further replies.
This happens every 30 minutes (literally every 30 minutes, I've been keeping track). We have 3 computers on our network, 2 work fine but mine is connected using a 2wire PC Port which is a USB device that has the phone line plugged into it. What happens is every 30 minutes I lose connection for 10-30 seconds and "Local Area Connection 3 unplugged" pops up. Nothing is ever unplugged so I don't understand why this keeps happening. I work online so it is a huge inconvenience to lose my connection so frequently. Does anybody know why this happens?

P.S - We have DSL on Dell Computers and when I double-click the icon that says cable unplugged it shows me my network bridge and the device with the red "X" on it is "Broadcom 440x 10/100 Integrated Controller". Once it re-establishes the connection the red "X" goes away.

Please help!!!

burnsy, the first thing I would suggest is to get rid of the USB connection. they are bad to start with and give nothing but troubles. after u do that the rest of the problems might go away. I am sure there will be some one to help after u do that and report back.

Try updating the drivers and firmware for your modem. This is probably not your computer's fault, but the modem's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back