Lock up in games around 3omins after playing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, Ive been having this problem with all my games, be it Alien Swarm, Css, or Thief 3. I have more but there the 1`s im playing at mo. The game locks up for about 5secs and then goes on again. It will continuely do this until its happening literally every 5-10 seconds, The time between lock ups shortening everytime. Cud anybody help me out? I dont have a clue why this could be happening, my gfx card is not o/c and neither is my cpu, altho they have been b4, but they were returned to normal way before this problem started happening. My pc is

Asus k8n-e deluxe
Amd 3400
PC 3200 1024mb
Geforce 6800 ultra
Audigy 2

btw ive tryed changing my drivers for the gfx card. Mayb its a hardware problem? Thankyou

Have you installed the latest motherboard drivers? COuld also be a heat issue. Try gaming with the side of the case off and a fan blowing into it.

yeah, i have version 5.10 of the unified nvidia drivers. Is it possible to back date the drivers on your mboard bios. Bcus i downloaded v 1007 and instaled them from the asus website about 4 months ago, and now ive just been back to that site only to see they no longer have v 1007 only 1006. Would that b possible?. Ive unplugged my floppy and cd rom also to see if my psu mite b causing it. thanks 4 the reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back