Locked Drive Problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coolmatt

I am in need of assistance. I have a 30 GB Seagate IDE HDD with a Windows XP x64 Edition PC. Anyhow, I used an application known as "Lock My Folder." Apparently, I tried to lock that drive. When I did so I was doing something to try and lock it (saying something like "Unable to lock drive" or some nonsense). Anyhow when I did this I unlocked the drive, supposedly, and removed the drive from the list. Now when I try to open the drive under My Computer it says something about "Access Restricted". Now the problem is that Lock My Folder says the same thing about the drive and doesn't recognize it as a locked drive.

What I know is that I CAN access the data inside the drive but I must know the folder in the drive in order to open it. I want to fix this drive w/o clearing the drive of the data so that I can re-access it from My Computer again and etc.

I NEED HELP!

Hi there,
seems as if I have the same problem - did you find a solution in the meantime? please tell me - I really tried my best but without any success
Steve

pretty tuff order for encypted drive data reading
most of these when they blow up your done
since it is readable move the data out of the folder or file IE: make new dir and copy to it
then delete the old dir if this is not allows(access denied)
you may have to 0 wipe the drive or partition
I have been ask'd to retrieve encrypted from xp and from steganos it would takes many years of machine time to break
I do certificates for websites issured to 10,000 can't break in my life time
some cheap softs don't work well with 4k cluster size's and any file system over 2gb get foobar'ed
see if you lost permissions (ownership)go to securitys properties folder and reset

Coolmatt, I saw this on another site which may help you.

"happened to me, uninstalled program, went on safe mode. right click on folder go to properties - security and gave my user full access (if it isn't listed there add you're user to the list) and went on auditing and gave my user all permissions from there again and it worked"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back