lockup/freeze while playing specific games with 6600gt

Status
Not open for further replies.
every time i play fable or fear my whole pc will just lockup/frezze at random locations within the games whilst playing it for about 3 -10 mins
the whole screen freezes in places and i get a sound loop of the last second till i finally hit the reset button
other games like brothers in arms hl2 wow or warhammer 40k run just fine for hours without problems
i tried almost anything to fix the problem upgraded the drivers, downgraded them, disabled fast write, set agp to 4x, lowerd apperture size disabled my sound and network card etc
system specs:
xp 2600
512 ddr ram
3d club gf 6600 gt
abit nforce2 nf7
windows xp pro. + sp2

3d club? where did you get that card and how much did you pay for it? also, see if you can get and apply the patest patches for said games.

i bought in the pc shop in my hometown (ger) for about 220 euros 10 month ago
http://www.club-3d.com/ for info about the card manufacturer
till fear fable and the star ship troopers demo every game worked just fine with it
i kinda think its some fancy new dx9c feature that these new games use and my card just dosnt like
and i patched every game as i did with every component in my pc...
with my old gf4ti these games run just fine well they look like crap but they dont just freeze
the last thing i could do now is update my bios...

512MB isn't much RAM especially in todays games. FEAR I think is one of those CPU/RAM intensive games, as opposed to HL2, very graphics intensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back