Login and logout date & time using Windows XP Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have spent about 4 hours trying to find some very straight forward information. I want to find the log in and log out times on a stand alone laptop using Windows XP Pro to check for unauthorised usage.

I cannot believe how compicated it is to find this most straight forward of information. I have enabled "Windows / Control Panel / Administrative Tools / Local Security Policy / Audit Policy / Audit Account Logon Events enabled for successes & failures enabled".

It should be possible to then see log in and log out times from "Windows / Control Panel / Administrative Tools / Computer Management / Event Viewer / Security" but when trying to view log in and log out times from here all I can see is a load of processes with almost identical date & times right down the page. This isn't a list of log in and log out times for the stand alone laptop!

Can you or do you know someone who can provide a fix ? I have posted a message on support.microsoft.com but have had no replies. Telephone support is charged at £199 + VAT per telephone call to a Microsoft support & Sony Tech. Support for out of warranty kit had some guy on the phone who clearly wasn't in the position (unusually) to help me so......please help, I don't want to waste any more of my life looking for this most basic of information. Thank you in advance for your time.

Look in the Ad Tools, Event Viewer, System section under 'Information - eventlog' and look for Event Log started and stopped entries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back