login error now screen black

Status
Not open for further replies.

boydie

im new to all this ....last night my screen went blue and said was shutting down when it rebooted a black screen came up with a login error now it will tuen on but all I get is a black screen anyone have some tips on what could be wrong and how to fix it thanks

i didnt catch it all before it changed screens but it said that the system needed to shut down cant remember the reason

What Video card you using, or do you use onboard.

There are many reasons for the big blue screen of death on Windows-based systems, but it sounds like your video card fried. When you rebooted, did you do a cold boot or a warm boot? When I get a BSOD, I always do a cold boot: power down completely and wait at least 30 seconds before powering back on. If you still get no video, it's the card.

Regards Jase

I only use the video card that came in the laptop I have a Toshiba gaming laptop It rebooted itself ..the comp turns on but just a black screen comes up and I have pushed al the keys and nothing

I think the video card could of fried. Its just a possibility.

Have you got an old video card you can try.

Regards Jase

Ok i seen somewhere on another thread about taking out the battery I did that and the comp turns on...so I dont know what happened and i not sure if anything else will work but im gonna give it a try

yes the cmos battery ... that just resets cmos settings.

Let me know how everything else goes.

Good thing you got the computer on.

Regards Jase

seems to be ok so far guess I will know if it happens again lol ...thanks Jase for replying to my problem and I will know where to come if I ever need help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back