Login screen doesn't show in safe mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

fonebone10

Hi, my computer, when started in safe mode, won't show the login screen! It's a Dell Latitude D510, a school computer, but Im a teacher. I forgot my admin password, so I can't get onto my account and my downloading is limited. Please HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-(

URGENT!!!!!!

You dont see any user profiles in Safe Mode? No Admin, Guest or anything?
You might try repairing XP by booting fron an XP CD. You are using XP? Could you possibly get one of the schools IT people to help you with this?

No XP Cd!

I don't have the XP disk and I wanna do this at my house please. It is a heavy laptop and do not wish to lug it over to the school

I'm getting the impression that you are a student rather than a member of a school faculty... Get someone to carry it for you. If you are truly a teacher, I'm sure there are people at your school that can help you with this. Without an XP CD or laptop recovery disc, there's nothing else we here can help you with

Ok, be honest in all your dealings... Don't try to deceive people. As I said before, there should be people in your school that can help. Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back