Logitech G5 owners query

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nestea

hey

whenever I flip my mouse (lift it up and give it a turn) twice or leave it 4-5 seconds in this position it stops working.
I have to reconnect the G5 to make it work again. It doesn't respond, not even the buttons react.

OS: XP Media Center Edition, Dell Inspiron 9400 (notebook).

The touchpad is "disabled". Well the driver's process but it's still working.

Is this normal?

Another thing is, I don't do it often, of course, but just out of curiosity, when I lift the G5 and then let it drop (my hand still holding the mouse) and the mouse trembles, the sensitivity changes. It doesn't respond to movement for one, two seconds and then the sens is a different (lower) one.
I need to end 'setpoint.exe' and restart it.

Thanks for reading and hope some of you have a G5 and can tell me if it behaves the same way.

edit
Should the mouse be "damaged" I would like to change it as I only have it two days, if it is a G5 bagatelle then I don't care and can live with it.

try to reinstall the drivers for your mouse and then go to Set Point and check your settings (increase sensitivity or something like that).

The mouse was broken. I send it back and got a new one.
That was 2 days later but I've forgot to post and I've just gone through my mails.

I was just reading the thread and going to respond, then noticed your first message was from 2007!

So, right, the mouse was defective because I tried to follow your steps using my own G5 and nope, no malfunction as described :stickout:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back