Logitech MouseMan Dual Optical Mouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowy Commando

I've just received my nice new Logitech mouse to replace my faulty Micro$oft Intellimouse 3.0 Explorer.

I've made a very good choice as this mouse is a lot more ergonomic that the old one which was too bulky for the hand.

It's the first mouse to use dual optical lasers and i noticed straight away how more precise the mouse pointer on the screen was moving.

All i need now is the Everglide Giganta mouse and wrist pad and i'll be happy with the better ergonomics of using the mouse and reducing RSI symptoms.

Would I recommend this mouse? YES :grinthumb

Glad it was a good choice.
I would have liked one of those myself apart from the fact I wanted a cordless mouse. The logitech cordless optical is the same shape and I find it very comfortable. I don't know if they will release a dual optical cordless mouse... I would think that such a mouse would devour batteries rather than nibble them ;)

An alternative to buying a cordless mouse is to use a mouse bungee for your corded mouse. I don't really need it, but its only £10 at the moment from Everglide.co.uk and i could just get it for the sake of the price.

In fact, I don't know if it justified for my desk because the mouse cord has plenty of slack and the only real problem is that it hangs down the back of the desk where i'm occasionally having to pull it up for some more slack.

I usually trap my mouse cord under the edge of the monitor/keyboard/any available part with some weight so that I always have the same length available without having to pull any from under the desk or from round the back of the computer.
Since I only work on a laptop with a corded mouse and don't play any games on it, its fairly trouble free ;)

Hey, if one breaks you get one spare. Hehehe...They're not lasers. They're red lights and cameras. I have a single optical Logitech, and it's just great coming to precision. I don't see the point in dual optical, but if that's your thing why not...

Yeah i got the same one after using my intelli explorer. Personally i couldn't tell the difference apart from i couldnt aim for **** with logitech cause i was so used to the ms one.

I have had two of these dual optical mices, obviously both from Logitech, both the same Mouseman model, I fell in love with this mouse, then I broke it... well, you know, sh*t happens.

I just got my second one, was thinking of writing a quick review of it...

I wonder when they invent a cordless mouse that is powered by its movements.. No more failing batteries in the middle of something important.

It might require a wee bit more kinetic energy than a wrist twitch to power a mouse. I agree though, that would be a stupendous idea.

I just recently read about a foot-powered laptop charger. 5 minutes of pumping and your laptop works like you ust plugged it up. Not very practical, but heck, I'd use it.

It seems that Logitech have also re-released their standard optical wheel mouse as the x2 optical sensor versions.

Logitech have 2 main models of mouse, the standard optical wheel mouse good for using in right or left hand and the mouseman range shaped specially for the right hand.

On the other hand, Microsoft just have 1 long range of mice where you have to pay the most for the Intellimouse Explorer 3.0 which is just for a right handed shaped optical mouse, the rest being left/right handed.

I am somewhat dissappointed with my Intellimouse 3.0. I love the accuracy, but I am not happy with the location of the thumb buttons. They needed to put them in the location that Logitech puts theirs.

I've got Logitech's latest MarbleMouse; it's a trackball. This thing doesn't use any LEDs for illumination. Does anyone know why that is?

This trackball is also very stable and never skips no matter how fast you flick the ball. I was gonna get the Intellimouse but it was imperative that I have a trackball to use with UnrealTournament.

I to used to have a Logitech trackball, it does have a "laser" I believe, you just have to take the ball out. They used "lasers" before mice did, i think. The laser reads the black dots or whatever off of the trackball.

I really liked that trackball, but alas now i have the Logitech dual optical, and it works just fine. My friend has a Micrsoft Intellimouse Explorer, and it just isn't comfortable

Jeez, they're not lasers, they're red LED's and cameras! How could a laser judge movement that accurately if at all?

Originally posted by Vehementi
Bah! Microsoft is good at OS's, not mice...Or, hardware in general (Well, besides Sidewinders)

That's not true. Sidewinders are junk!

And Microsoft isn't really good at OSes, they mearly lack serious competion.

Originally posted by erwin1978
I've got Logitech's latest MarbleMouse; it's a trackball. This thing doesn't use any LEDs for illumination. Does anyone know why that is?

I beleive it uses an infrared LED just like a TV remote control. You can't see the light but it can still see the ball.

Linux isn't serious competition to Windows?
Sidewinder gamepads, maybe. Sidewinder joysticks, no.
I have a Microsoft keyboard and it's great!

Try the Logitech MX1000 Laser mouse. I bought one and I'll never go back to optical again!

from Logitech:
"If you thought smooth tracking optical sensors were an advancement over mechanical ball-based mice, let us introduce you to the mouse that takes precision and performance to a whole new level: the Logitech® MX™1000 Laser Cordless Mouse, the world's first laser mouse. Now optical is obsolete. And your computing experience will never be the same. Featuring the Logitech MX™ Laser Engine, the MX1000 delivers a new pinnacle of performance no optical mouse can match. With an incredible 20x more sensitivity to surface detail—or tracking power—than optical, laser can track reliably even on tricky polished or wood-grain surfaces."

Mouse problem

First of all, I'd like to say hello to everybody.

I installed the Mandriva 2007 Spring today. While the installing DVD was working the MS Wireless Notebook Optical Mouse worked perfectly but once in the HD it doesn't work at all. At the same time my pad mouse woks in any circumstance.

I'd treated all the imaginable configurations but they don't work.

Can somebody help me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back