Logitech Revolution MX LAG

Status
Not open for further replies.

tchiseen

This mouse is fine, except one thing, it lags like a MOTHER sometimes. Mainly when in games (which usually leads to me being pwnd and screaming like a loon), but it happens on the desktop as well. I've got the receiver no more then 1' from the mouse, on a usb2 powered hub. I've got the stupid SetPoint drivers installed and up to date. I use it with a proper mousepad. I don't have a big freakin' unshielded microwave between the mouse and the reveiver, so I don't think its RF intereference ( I don't have wireless, my mobile is on the other side of the room). My computer isnt' crap I've got an E6600, asus p5b, 2gb patriot ddr, 3x320gb sata2s. I emailed logitech they suggested:

I would suggest that you try to perform all the suggestions from the KB article from the link below. Check and see whether they will improve the responsiveness of the mouse. Please note that laser mice are much more sensitive than optical mice.

Answer Title: Erratic Cursor Movement - Optical Mice and Trackballs
Answer Link: http://logitech-en-ap.custhelp.com/...r/std_adp.php?p_faqid=35&p_created=1083791127

If the issue still persists, I would suggest that you test the mouse without SetPoint installed on your computer. Please refer to the KB article from the link below to uninstalled SetPoint from your computer.

Answer Title: Tutorial: Uninstalling SetPoint in Vista
Answer Link: http://logitech-en-ap.custhelp.com/...std_adp.php?p_faqid=6117&p_created=1169486505

If the tracking issue still persists, I would suggest that you test the mouse on another computer without SetPoint installed. Check and see whether the issue is replicated on this other computer.
[\quote]

I've tried it on another comp (running xp) no setpoint and it doesnt lag as far as i've tried it, but i cbf installing games on it cause it's not that powerful, and also I cbf sitting around forever moving the mouse in circles to see if it lags, so I'm going to say that it doesn't lag on it.

The first link is pretty useless, and the second one doesnt really pertain to me as I've done a fresh install.

Also, I do need the mouse buttons, first off, the document flip thing is stupid, and I've got it modded to work better in FF, and in different games as well (world in conflict, for which this mouse pwns)

I want to try UberOptions, or any other software that might work, because I think it's prolly setpoint that's causing the problems.

I'm sure someone's had the same problems as me. If you have, or are still having, please post here. If you're upset that you spent $100 on a mouse that doesn't work as well as a trackball mouse some of the time, post it in here.

Cheers

USB hub. Could you have too many devices connected so that not enough power is getting to your devices? Or is either the receiver or mouse cable so long that power along that cable is degraded? Just a shot in the dark.

thank you mailpup.

I have tried it on a cable with no other devices and also plugged into the usb on the front of my case and the back directly into the motherboard, and it has lagged in all places. the (4 port) hub never has other devices on it.

I've also tried plugging it into my logitech G11 keyboard, which is <1' from my mouse, but it still lags (g11 is usb1.1 afaik.)

if anyone else has advice or the same problem, please feel free to add your comments!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back