Logs to read if possible

Status
Not open for further replies.

kritius

After telling many people to follow the steps in the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions thread I found myself deciding to follow them while attemoting to see if there was anything wrong with my girlfriends laptop.

Im pretty sure that its clean but I would like a second opinion if possible.

The laptop is a dell inspiron 1200 she runs xp home sp2 and has AVG free and Zone alarm. The laptop has been running very slow for the last couple of months and I think that its just because its old, the battery has run out and it has very little RAM (256mb), but, as I said earlier I would like a second opinion.

Thanks very much in advance to anyone who has a look at these.

EDIT/ No root kits were found

Attachments

• hijackthis.log
    8.9 KB · Views: 7
Zenosincks said:
Do you have excess applications and services disabled via msconfig?

Yeah, went through and disabled what I knew where safe enough. Any suggestions as to what I could disable?

I really think thats it just old and worn out, she bought it because it was cheap about three years ago, and recently her brother was using it for his computer science projects and running a lot of programs at once, it was never the same after that, plus the battery is worn out, and dell being dell are not covering this in the extended warrenty because a battery is a consumabel item.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back