London terrorist may have used 4chan to warn of impending attack

midian182

Staff member

The attack in London yesterday that saw four people killed and 29 injured as a terrorist mowed down pedestrians and stabbed a police officer may have been announced less than 24 hours earlier on imageboard website 4chan.

A user with the ID n1SoXPxb made the post at 3 pm BST on Tuesday. As noted by Gizmodo, it is the only post made using that ID across any 4chan board, and while the user is flagged as Danish, they may have been using a VPN to disguise their location.

The user posted an image on the site’s politically incorrect (/pol/) section showing two guns taken from an unrelated 2010 forum post with the phrase “/pol/ 21-3-2017” edited into the picture. They also included a series of dots and dashes that turned out to be Morse code for “gotohttps://pastebin.com/zluxdmza.”

Following the link to the Pastebin page shows a binary code, which, when ran through a binary-to-text translator, reveals a set of GPS co-ordinates positioned right next to Big Ben - just off Westminster Bridge where the attack took place.

Many 4Chan users say the post is real and some even fear the site may be shut down, while others are more skeptical – this wouldn’t be the first time a 4chan post seemingly warning of an attack turned out to be fake. But in this instance, there is compelling evidence to support its authenticity: the Pastebin page could not have been altered after the attack because it was a guest account, and 4chan users who responded to the post on Tuesday noted the code’s reference to Big Ben.

4chan owner Hiroyuki Nishimura told Gizmodo: “understand the situation. We are ready to respond for law enforcement agency.”

Permalink to story.

I can see them shutting down 4chan over this. Halting Muslim immigration into the UK, probably not. But definitely more scrutiny of 4chan, because they are very unsavory.

The guy responsible for the depraved belligerent attack done so using a vehicle and knife no guns were involved other than the Police shooting.

Cant see why other than the time stamp this is in anyway relevant to the attack.

What was the triggering for the attack and why is it called a terrorist attack? Have not been following the news lately...

What was the triggering for the attack and why is it called a terrorist attack? Have not been following the news lately...
The implication thus far is that the attack had religious fundamentalist motivations, but that has yet to be established as fact. Although I don't really see there being any other reasons that will come to light.

Well if there was premeditation and in a massive centre like the big ben, it could be determined as a terrorist attack, thank you for the information

The guy responsible for the depraved belligerent attack done so using a vehicle and knife no guns were involved other than the Police shooting.

Cant see why other than the time stamp this is in anyway relevant to the attack.

The code is coordinates for the location.

That is if...

the Pastebin page could not have been altered after the attack because it was a guest account

.....you take this as fact. [sarcasm] Nothing is hackable if it's on the internet, of course. Even a site's silly limitation of not being able to edit a guest uploaded paste[/sarcasm]

Yea... I doubt it was edited afterwards, but this mentality that it "can't" happen is silly. If it's online, then it's hackable, just like any lock is pickable. The better the lock the less desirable of a target, it still doesnt mean it's impossible. I'd rather have them just said, "It's highly unlikely..." or something to that effect.

Yea... I doubt it was edited afterwards, but this mentality that it "can't" happen is silly. If it's online, then it's hackable, just like any lock is pickable. The better the lock the less desirable of a target, it still doesnt mean it's impossible. I'd rather have them just said, "It's highly unlikely..." or something to that effect.
I think it was more meant on the side that the post couldn't be edited by one of the users, the hacking part has not been discussed, it's only one of the system features and was being called upon. Just that.

Hack their brains before allowing them in the country. There is stricter control on imported meat, fruit and vegetables.

Back