Look at some minidumps for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjps220

I've had a few BSODs lately, and I'm having trouble figuring out what the cause is.

One happened on shutdown. I have recently installed a folding client, which may have something to do with it.

The most recent one happened while gaming.

I'm really not sure what is causing them, and they don't happen very often, but I'd like to eliminate them.

So the only recent changes are that I've installed the folding client. Could it be a temperature issue? I have my 3800 X2 overclocked to 2.2, so I guess I'll set that back down to stock. My processor idles at around 35, and doesn't go over 45.

I should also mention that I've had this computer for about 2 years now, and have never had BSODs before. I upgraded the videocard 5 months ago, but other than that, very little has changed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• debuglog.txt
    15.9 KB · Views: 9
  • debuggingnew.txt
    15.7 KB · Views: 6
Thanks for the reply tedster

I'm running memtest right now, and there are no errors so far. I'll let you know once 7 passes are done.

Can ram go bad? I've had this ram for over 2 years now. Could ram voltage possibly be an issue? I'm guessing memtest would let me know if it was.

okay I ran memtest for 3 hours and it did more than 7 pases, and no errors were found.

Not sure where to go from here.

Yes, RAM can go bad and incorrect voltage can cause problems. Did you overclock at all? Have you tried a different voltage setting? Sometimes easing it back can fix the problems.

As tedster points out, both of your Minidump Texts point out: Memory Corruption.

I had overclocked and altered voltages (had been running fine for months), but I've set everything back to stock now. I haven't seen any BSODs, but since the problem seems to be really random, that doesn't mean much. I'll let you guys know if I see anymore.

Am I good to leave memory voltage at stock, or should I be bumping it up?

Is it possible for heat to cause memory corruption?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back