Lookin 19" LCD monitor in the $300-350 CDN range

Status
Not open for further replies.

truflip

Hi everyone,

My birthday is coming up and my sister and my girlfriend are getting me an LCD monitor i guess.. and they have asked me which one I would like in the low $300 range. So far I am looking at this Dell 1907FP: http://accessories.dell.com/sna/ProductDetail.aspx?c=ca&l=en&s=dhs&cs=CADHS1&sku=320-4568&~pbar=true
Picture: http://accessories.dell.com/sna/images/products/large/1907T3Y.jpg

I like to keep my equipment futureproof, so the specs on this dell is what im looking for. A little less or more.

Please keep in mind this is Canadian Dollars and also please suggest to buy only at online store that ship to Canada. Thanks in advance for your help

Check out Tiger Direct and their DCLCD at 19" it has good specifications on speed, brightness and contrast and is now under $300 .... I paid under $400 when it came out and everyone else was paying 5-600 for theirs.

They also have a pair of walk in shops now.
Customer service sukz like no tommorow so I have been told but outside of that... meh ....

NCIX may also have something in the same price bracket ... just rememebr to compare all the impotant specifications before plunking down cash.

Contrast
Brightness
speed
resolution

also connection types and warrenty

Mind you the DCLCD is a VGA only connection .... but thats the price for that price.

Oh, and if you ever come Toronto way, check out Markham and the Pacific Mall for PCs, parts and accesories .... just beware of surly service jerks ... er clerks :rolleyes:

I was actually looking to post a mini-review on a new monitor I just received last night and stumbled across your post. I looked at the specs on the Dell and it looks great. I just picked up a Viewsonic VA1912wb Widescreen LCD monitor. If you are looking for widescreen, it's a really good monitor. Looks to have the same response time (8ms). I'm at work right now, so I can't really compare the other specs. I was able to pick this up at Costco for $299US (Not sure how that compares to CA). If you want more info on the monitor, it's on Viewsonic's website under A series monitors. Hope this helps out.

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1818148&Tab=7&NoMapp=0

doesnt look too appetizing. I need something that has nice visual appeal and liek u said, warranty. I've never heard of DCLCD before and theyre warranty terms are only 1 year parts and labour

I don't like Tigerdirect because theyre a rip off. I ordered some parts there before and I didn;t know much about their system. So they charged me $40 for shipping (which is just normal shipping btw) so I thought wow, $40, i hope it gets here in 2 days. well it didnt. The item costs $450 + $45 shipping + 15% taxes. AND it came all the way from Chicago.. like WTF, i ordered from Toronto. they said they have a warehosue there. so why from Chicago and it took them a lil over 2 weeks to get it over to Ottawa (4-5 hours away from Toronto)

[/rant]

so i officially hate tiger direct cuz 1: they took 2 days to process and another 2 weeks to ship
2: they lied, its not coming from toronto, NOTHING comes from toronto, its all chicago
3: shipping is waaaay overcharged
4: customer services sucks (took me 2 hours to get an RMA #)
5: well they sell cheap shiet

long liv NCIX!!!! 1 tax, 15$ EXPRESS shipping, 2 day turn around WOOT!

[/cheer]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back