Looking for a Motherboard that will support 939 socket, DDR ram, and has an AGP slot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed

That board is probably your best bet. Most 939 AGP boards went the way of the dodo well over a year ago.

Lots of people I know have used that board and it seems to work well for what it is.

Or you can probably get a really decent used board on e-bay for cheap

thanks for replys.

Yea, that one is a little steep, newegg is out of stock, i guess ill wait awhile to see if they get them back in stock, as they are 30 bucks cheaper from newegg;)

I found one on ebay, but its condition is unkown, lol, so i dont know how much money i dare waste on it, as it probably doesnt even work. oh well.

The reason i want to do this is because i play supreme commander, and right now i have a p4 2.6 OCed to 3.2 ghz, 2 gig ram and a nvidia 7800gs vid card. it runs ok in shorter 2v2 games, but the longer 2v2 and 3v3 games tend to lag, which makes me mad, i got a 1.8ghz opteron dual core lined up, so effectivly i could upgrade to dualcore for around 160 bucks. I do plan on building a whole new system in 3-6 months, with either a quad or dual core, depending on prices at the time, and a pcie vid card, but in the meantime, i hate playing slow laggy games;)

thanks again.

Just an update, i got my asrock board off of ebay for 102.50$, kinda sad considering they used to sell for around 60-70$, but i really wanted this board, and it better work when i get it, lol.

I have been having some problems with my board randomly locking up on me, and locking up when i instal a codec pack that worked fine on my other machine and trying to watch an avi that also worked fine on my other machine. I believe the problem is related to my board having agp and pcie slots, and the fact that my vid card is a 7800gs agp card that was really a pcie card bridged over to agp. So i bought a 8500gt pcie card, like a freakin *****, didnt do research first, and my current 7800gs apg card is like literally TWICE as good as the 8500gt, but lucky for me it was only a 100 card, which really shouldve been my first clue that it sucked, haha! but anyways, i havent had much time to fully test it, but it does seem to have fixed my random lockups. anyone else ever heard of such a thing?

I'm running a 7800GS in an ASRock Core2Duo board. So I wouldn't expect there to be problems with doing that on your board. The board also has PCI-e.

Are you sure its not the RAM? I can't make mine run stable unless I turn on some flexibility option in the BIOS.

@SultanGris, your problem is more likely related to outdated chipset\video card drivers than anything else. You should update those first and see if your problem goes away.

Rage_3K_Moiz said:
@SultanGris, your problem is more likely related to outdated chipset\video card drivers than anything else. You should update those first and see if your problem goes away.

first thing i tried;) didnt work.

SNGX1275 said:
I'm running a 7800GS in an ASRock Core2Duo board. So I wouldn't expect there to be problems with doing that on your board. The board also has PCI-e.

Are you sure its not the RAM? I can't make mine run stable unless I turn on some flexibility option in the BIOS.

Hrm, i didnt try that, though i did see that option. I have the AMD version of the board though, not core2duo, but it could warrant a test.

What kind of ram do you have? i have Gskill pc4000, 2 sticks of 1 gb each. its DDR 400 ram, but by default my motherboard runs it at 166mhz instead of the 200mhz like it should, and if i change it, it seems to make my ping spike over my internet connection, which sounds silly, but ive changed it a few times, and it screws up my ping for play Supreme commander every time, so i dont think its coincidence, though it doesnt make any sence to me how the two are related.

I've got 2 Gigs (2x1GB) of some Patriot DDR2 667. It wasn't unstable enough to prevent getting an OS loaded or programs installed, but it would randomly lock up or act funny. Switched that flexibility option on and haven't had any problems since.

For the record mine is ASRock 775-Dual VSTA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back